I attended a Google Partners conference last week in Sydney and although a lot of this information may be obvious to some, the local data released is rather interesting and useful to know when thinking about the whole consumer experience. Below is a quick summary of the key points I pulled out from the event.
Why Mobile Site Design Makes a Difference
* Make site search viable and ensure results are relevant
* 68% of smartphone users consult their phones whilst in store – to learn more about a product before purchasing.
* Make search and call to actions very clear on your website, make it easy for a user to buy.
* Allow users to pay as guests- don’t over complicate things as potential customers may become bored and go elsewhere.
* Make it easy for a mobile user to convert on another device, for example, enable them to finish off on a desktop.
* Optimise your entire website for mobile!
An Innovative culture in your business is important but how do you build one?
* Be willing to experiment
* Remember you won’t know everything on day one
* Pay attention to consumer trends
* Listen to the softest voices in the room.. they can often turn into the best ideas.
* Technology is your friend
The Value of AdWords
We don’t go online, we live online. said, Duncan McGrath
94% of Australian users search on Google
It’s not really my place to go into the Google partners program here so find out more from the experts.
All the slides in this post are copyright to Google.